There are many reasons to want to unlock an iPhone without entering nor knowing its password, both for good reasons, and for illegal reasons.
Maybe you have recently changed your password, and you forgot it.
Maybe your son or your little brother started playing with your mobile phone, and they may have blocked it.
And yes, maybe you want to have access to someone else´s iPhone.
Regardless of your reason, there are different ways to unlock an iPhone without entering its PIN or password.
Keep reading to learn how to do it.
Tabla de Contenido
- How does an iPhone get locked?
- How to unlock an iPhone without entering the password?
How does an iPhone get locked?
Most people protect their cellphone with a PIN, password, or lock pattern to avoid other people from accessing your information or using your cellphone without your permission.
This is a simple and easy to use system to keep your iPhone protected. What will happen then if someone tries to guess your code? IPhones allow you to enter a PIN, password, or lock pattern up to six times before the phone is completely locked. Once the phone has been blocked, you won´t be able to use it even if you know the right password, so you will have to use one of the methods from this articles to be able to unlock it.
Besides the device itself, it is also possible that your Apple ID gets blocked or becomes deactivated if you enter your password wrongly, or if you answer incorrectly the security questions.
If this is the case, you will see an on-screen message indicating that your Apple ID has been deactivated for security reasons (or a similar message), and you won´t be able to log in in any Apple device until you have solved the problem.
If this is your case, the only thing that you´ll have to do is to enter iforgot.apple.com to unlock your account or reset your password.
In some cases, the carrier is the one who blocks the iPhone, so that no other carrier can use it, and to even make it impossible to use it on other countries. In this case, you will contact your service provider to know how to unlock your iPhone.
How to unlock an iPhone without entering the password?
Regardless of how your iPhone ended up getting blocked, or why you need to unlock it, the following methods will allow you to do it without having to enter a PIN or password.
The best method for you, or the best method overall will depend on the iOS version that you run, and your specific needs.
Method 1: Through iTunes (if you had previously synchronized your iPhone)
If your phone is blocked because you forgot your password, or because you entered it incorrectly too many times, you won´t be able to use it nor have access the information that the phone contained until you unlock it.
If your iPhone was synchronized with iTunes, one of the easiest ways to use your phone again is to create a backup, format your iPhone, and restore the backup that you had created.
This is less complicated than what it sounds. To unlock your iPhone without a password, the only thing that you´ll have to do is to follow these steps:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer using its USB cable.
2. If iTunes does not open automatically, open it by double-clicking its icon on the desktop, or through the home menu.
3. Once opened, your iPhone will need to sync to iTunes. On the upper part of your phone, you will see the message “syncing PERSON´s iPhone.” If you haven´t synced your iPhone on this computer, it may ask you to enter your password, so this method only works if you have synced your iPhone beforehand in your computer.
4. Select your device by clicking the iPhone icon below the “account” option, or by clicking the device´s name.
5. You will see an overview of your iPhone and, among the options that appear, you will see the options “make a backup” or “make an emergency copy of your data”. You can save this copy on your iCloud account or in your computer. In some cases, the option to make backups automatically is activated. But, if you want to have access to your iPhone without a password, you will have to delete everything on your phone, so we would recommend you to have an emergency backup, which should be the most recent backup possible.
6. Look for the option “restore iPhone”, and click on it.
7. A new window will appear, and it will inform you that all of the information stored in your phone will be deleted, and it will ask you to confirm this before continuing. Since we´ve had created a backup, you won´t lose anything. Click on “confirm” or “restore”.
8. Accept Apple´s terms and conditions by clicking on “I agree”. This will begin the restoring process in which iTunes will reinstall iOS in your iPhone.
9. Once the restoring process has ended, click on the option “restore backup” to add once again your contacts, photos, messages, and your settings. This process tends to last 30 minutes, so be patient.
10. Now you can have access to your phone without having to enter a password! If you want to set a new password or code from now on, you will have to manually activate this option.
Method 2: through recovery mode
If you´ve never synchronized an iPhone with your iTunes account, or you didn´t deactivate the option of having to enter your password each time that you connect your iPhone to your computer, you will have to do the same procedure (restore your phone and add your most recent backup,) but through recovery mode.
Keep in mind that this method does not allow you to create a backup right before wiping out everything that you have on your iPhone, so you may lose information unless you make a recent backup that you´ve had created right before your phone has been blocked. Follow these steps to unlock your iPhone without a password via recovery mode:
1. Connect your iPhone to a computer by using its USB cable. It could be any computer, and it is not necessary that you have had synchronized your iPhone beforehand.
2. To put your phone in recovery mode, choose one of the following options depending on which iPhone you have:
• IPhone 6 and older (including the iPod touch): Press and old both the home button and the top button until the recovery screen appears (usually, this screen is a black screen with the picture of an USB cable.)
• IPhone 7: Press and hold both the button to lower the volume and the side button until the recovery screen appears.
• IPhone 8: Press and release the button to increase the volume, press and release the button to lower the volume, and press and hold the side button until the recovery screen appears.
• In any iPhone: Only connect the USB cable to your computer, not to your iPhone. Turn off your phone. Press and hold the home button, and do not release it while you connect the other end of the USB cable to your iPhone. Do not release the home button until the recovery screen appears.
3. On iTunes, a screen that will allow you to restore or update your iPhone will appear. Choose the option “restore”. This will erase all of the information in your phone, and it will reinstall the operating system, which could last for a few minutes.
4. You can once again use your iPhone just like before! If you have a recent backup, search for the option “restore backup” on iTunes.
Method 3: Via using “Find My Phone” (NOW FIND MY)
Find My Phone is an Apple app that allows you to track your mobile phone, make it chime, or show an onscreen message.
All of these options were designed to help you recover your iPhone in case that you lose it, and as part of the available options to protect your device in case that it gets stolen or lost.
It also allows you to erase all of the information that your device contains, and be able to restore it remotely.
Just like the previous method, you cannot create a backup if you use Find My Phone. So, unless you have a recent backup, you may lose part of your data.
To learn how to unlock your iPhone without a password through Find My Phone, follow these steps:
1. Open the app “Find My Phone”, which comes included on any iPad, or got to a web browser, go to iCloud´s website, and look for the option “Find My Phone.”
2. Log in by using your Apple ID and your password.
3. Select the device that you want to restore in “all devices”.
4. Touch or click the iPhone on the map, and choose the option “erase the phone´s contents”, “restore”, or a similar option.
5. Once the restoration process is over, open iTunes, and look for the option “restore backup”.
Method 4: Via Siri
If you need to access your Iphone without having to enter the password and without having to restore your phone, there is a bug on Apple´s operating system that allows you to do it through Siri.
Keep in mind that this is a bug that Apple could have fixed by the time that you read this article, and it seemingly only works on certain versions of iOS.
This method allows you to unlock your mobile phone so that you can see your iPhone´s information, but it does not show you your password or access code, and it does not allow you to choose a new one.
You will have to use this method each time that you want to unlock your iPhone, so it is not a definitive solution. We recommend you that, once you successfully enter into your phone, make a backup of all of your important data, and then reinstall the operating system following other methods in this article so that you can use your iPhone normally and so that you are able to choose a new password or code.
To learn how to exploit this bug to unlock your iPhone without a password, keep reading:
1. Press and hold the home button in your iPhone until Siri is activated. Siri will be activated even if your phone is blocked.
2. Ask Siri the current time by saying “what time is it?” This will make a clock to appear onscreen.
3. Touch the clock icon to go to a new screen. On the new screen that appears, select the option “timer”.
4. Touch the option “once the timer ends.” On the upper part, you will see the option “buy more ringtones.” If you select it, you will go to Apple´s store.
5. Once you are in the store, the only thing you´ll need to do is to press the home button, which will send you to your iPhone´s main screen. Now, you are able to have access to all of the information on your phone!
Method 5: through Apple´s tech support
If the aforementioned methods on this article to unlock your iPhone without a password seem too complicated for you or are not the best fit for you for any reason, you can directly contact Apple´s tech support to learn what you can do in your specific situation.
Visit an Apple Store, or lookup Apple´s tech support telephone numbers or email addresses online on the country that you are currently in.
- Choose a password or code that would be difficult to guess, but that you can easily remember.
- If remembering numbers is difficult for you, use a lock pattern. However, if remembering a pattern is hard for you, use a PIN to unlock your iPhone.
- Synchronize your iPhone with your personal computer, and choose the option “trust this computer” so that you don´t have to enter your password each time that you synchronize your iPhone.
- Always turn on the automatic backups, so that the device can create a backup each time that your iPhone synchronizes with iTunes or periodically. You can save this copy on your computer or in iCloud. This way, you´ll make sure that you won´t lose any information if you lose your iPhone, or if your phone is blocked.
Use a PIN, password, or lock pattern is a quick and easy way to prevent people from entering into your phone without your permission.
This system also prevents other people from simply guessing your code by limiting the number of attempts to only six.
If somebody tries to guess your password more than six times, your iPhone will be blocked, and you will have to use any of the methods mentioned in this articles to unlock it so that you can use it in a normal way.